Welcome to The Cotswolds!

I love the English Cotswolds and think everyone should visit this beautiful place at least once in their lifetime. Having lived all over the world and traveled as much as possible, I still think that this little part of England is one of the world's greatest treasures. This site is dedicated to helping spread the word and encourage sustainable travel to the Cotswolds.

If you enjoy reading this blog, please help spread the word by sharing with your friends!

Friday 12 November 2010

A Traditional German Christmas Market in the Cotswolds

Friday 19 Nov - Sunday 5th Dec 2010


One of my favourite traditions is visiting this Christmas market in Cheltenham each year to start the festive season.  The whole Promenade is full of wooden stalls, selling handcrafted wooden toys, delicious sweets from Germany, freshly grilled Bratwurst, warming Gluvine, and a wide range of arts and crafts from the local artisans.  The atmosphere is just right and is a welcome addition to the usual holiday shopping... although I should say that the shopping on The Promenade and in Montpellier in Cheltenham is of the very highest standard.

Where & When
The Promenade, Cheltenham
10am – 6pm Monday – Wednesday
10am – 8pm Thursday – Saturday
11am – 5pm Sundays

1 comment:

Christopher said...

I have never been to the German Christmas market but am inspired to do so. I visit the Cotswolds regularly from the US. If anyone is interested, I recently wrote an article about my dad's village, Bibury: http://allinaword.blogspot.com/2011/12/village-of-enchanting-beauty.html